Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Be Done With It

 


I was back at Dutchess Stadium tonight as the Renegades hosted the Hickory Crawdads for the first time.

Have you ever had a night that wasn't bad but wasn't right either?

That was tonight.

A Tuesday night crowd saw a 3-2 Crawdads victory and, to be honest, it was kind of a snooze.

Things were just ... off.

That's not to say the games weren't fun or that we had a bad time in the booth.

Oh, we laughed and behaved in our normal manner.

But something was missing.

Things were flat. That's the only word I have for it.

Personally, I couldn't read the script tonight to save my life.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't an effort to get pity nor should there be any concern. It was just "one of those nights," I guess.

I still laughed and had some fun and was happy to see Sean but there was a feeling of needing to dust this one off and forget about it.

There are only a handful of games left in the 2022 home season so the Gades have to get things straight if they're going to be a playoff team.

As for the rest of us, meh. Just get them next time, I guess.

The next time for me is Friday. By my count, I have five more games left before the home season ends.

I've had fun with it and have seen where I can embrace my inner public address announcer. Still, I'm not ready to write a requiem for things just yet.

This one is in the books. I've put a ribbon on it.

Let's move on to the next one.

No comments: