Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Designated Actor: Samuel L. Jackson

You don't want to make him mad, do you?  Say 'what' again.  I dare you...
Old high school friend, and occasional Chicago sports correspondent, Dan Arturi, was on Facebook the other night doing a thing where you're handed a selected actor and need to say a few things about him.

His actor was Tom Hanks.  That, for me, would have been a slam dunk.  Easy.

The deal is that if you like the post, you get assigned an actor/actress of your own.  I, unwittingly, liked the post.

So I got Samuel L. Jackson.

I can do this.

OK, here we go.

Movie I love: Oh, please.  Really?  The easiest question of them all.  Some say it's overrated.  Some say it's dumb.  I say it's one...of...my...favorites...EVER Pulp Fiction. Pulp-motha-effing-Fiction!
 

I feel the need for some Dick Dale & the Del-Tones.


He was also in Goodfellas, but that's a cop-out, because it was brief.  Damn, he's been in a lot of movies.

Movie I like: I guess I'll go with Die Hard with a Vengeance.  If I recall, that was the one that was filmed, in part, on the Taconic Parkway on the fringe of Mahopac/Putnam Valley, and in Greenwich on the Merritt Parkway.

What this is proving to me is that I have a lot of Sammy movies to watch.  Don't him getting mad at me.

Movie I hate: Probably Star Wars Episode I: the Phantom Menace.  Although Snakes on a Plane would also work here.  Because I hate snakes.  Soooo...

Movie I hate to love: Probably Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith.  I don't love it.  I don't hate it.  I burst out laughing during it.  So that will do.

So, yeah.  There's that.

No comments: