Saturday, July 28, 2012

Staying In

There's something to be said for shutting down.  I mean, closing the door on the world and just hanging out.

It wasn't our initial plan.  Lisa and I were going to spend our Saturday together (trust me when I say this is rare) doing "stuff."  Maybe riding our bikes.  Going to Sears so she could look at vacuum cleaners.  Dinner with my family.  Checking out the new LL Bean story in Danbury.

But...no.  Nope.

We were lazy.  Well, not entirely.  It wasn't like we didn't go out or clean up.  I went out twice - once for a cup of coffee and an egg sandwich, and once to go get dinner (pizza, of course).  As for the family dinner plan, it came together at the last minute, and we needed more time to get ourselves there than was available.

So Lisa cleaned and I cleaned up some of her pictures and videos.  We were semi-productive, and we keep growing closer.

I don't know about you, but I often run myself into the ground.  Don't get me wrong, because I'm not complaining but when you factor in everything, "down time" isn't a priority.  Occasionally, I need a day like this to refresh and recharge.  The problem is, I don't often know when or how to do it.  I think I owe Lisa some thanks for getting me to take a break, even if it wasn't the initial intention.


Oh yeah, and as for the video, this is one that Lisa has been patiently waiting to load.  I'm going to put it here on the ol' blogoria.  She shot it standing on Kaaterskill Falls - a spot that was an achievement (for me) to get to, but was also a little hair raising.  Lisa went right near the edge, which made me nervous.  Plus I was aware that we needed to go back down.  So yeah, I was a touch shaky.


And pictures?  Well here's a classic one.  Lisa and I were having breakfast on Cape Cod one morning when she snapped this picture of me.  If you haven't figured it out, I'm looking at my cell phone.  A very typical thing for me.  The beauty of it is that Lisa embraces it and laughs at it.
While we're at it, here's Sean, kicking it in the pool.
Here is the only picture of all three of us from Cape Cod...just add water (there's an embedded joke in there).
And finally, Sean and his daddy.
All in all, it was a relaxing day for us.  Tomorrow, we'll come back into civilization.

No comments: