Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Linky Dinks

(Don't know where this came from, so I can't add attribution.  I like it though.)

Howdy, friends. I feel like I have a lot to catch up on but I don't have the energy to write about it all.

Tom Hoffarth writes on his blog (via the Los Angeles Daily News) that the Richmond Flying Squirrels had a little fan/player problem.

My good friend Christine Baker wrote an amazing list of things that she wants. I'm a big fan of two entries:
13. I want to pray to God in my own quiet way, and not be dictated how to worship by men who are as far away from God as I’ve ever seen. (Rob here. Amazingly well-said. Probably best to let this go at that. I have some strong opinions here and, well, not everyone can handle that topic.)

15. I want to feel passion that lasts, to feel undressed by someone’s eyes, feel the tingle in my toes from a kiss, the whisper on my lashes, the flipping in my stomach, thinking- wow, this is gonna be good. It’s gonna be sweaty and it’s gonna be good. (Rob again. Tell me we don't all feel this in one way or another? Besides, this is simply great writing.)
I don't know if anyone has read about the story of the late sportswriter Mike Penner, who was a transgendered male and transitioned into being Christine Daniels. Penner/Daniels eventually committed suicide. The story is heartbreaking and obviously tragic. Steve Friess writes more on the topic in LA Weekly.

New York City has a Transit Museum. I'd like to take Sean there one day (it's in Brooklyn). Roadside America has more on it.

Morgan Ensberg addresses questions, including the myth of the small market teams. These teams infuriate me even more with the revelation that organizations like the Pirates are MAKING MONEY.

I have a slew of links on the topic of Vin Scully returning for his 62nd season. I'll try to get to them soon.

No comments: