Monday, March 06, 2023

No Apology Necessary

 


"I'm sorry."

I read the words and froze.

I felt queasy.

They came from a Facebook connection. It's not someone I know well and, being honest, have had minimal exchanges with over the years.

Still, I knew they had some issues battling the beast.

Depression.

Plus I knew they had dealt with some dark times lately.

They had lost loved ones.

So, when adding up the pieces, "I'm sorry" worried me.

It worried me a lot. 

The black background used in the Facebook post chilled me even more.

People asked if they were OK. 

I kept checking back on their page. Nothing.

Then the post disappeared and that didn't bring relief.

Thankfully I saw they posted something new today. Completely innocent and benign posts.

Someone asked if they were OK and the response was that, no, they really weren't OK.

But they were still here.

As we take a deep breath let's see this as a good reminder.

We've addressed it here before.  Keep an eye on each other. People are hurting for a variety of reasons and, often, we don't know anything about it.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be watching each other, right?

A person I know very little about is still with us.

Thankfully.

Nothing to be sorry about.

No comments: