Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Chaos

Resume juggling (picture found online)

 

Generally, we rush back into real life when returning from vacation.

That normally means heading back to work.

In my case, it meant jumping back into "Doubleheader" and the general insanity of my world.

For the most part, I was able to avoid it last week. I actually didn't jump at every text and message I received. I assessed the need to deal with some things and decided it could wait until I was back in Greenwich.

So, like I said, I did "Doubleheader" today. But I also drilled deep into my calendar to ensure I'm set for Brunswick's upcoming spring season.  My goal is to call every moment that I can, even jumping from baseball to lacrosse if needed.

That also means I'm lined up to call the second annual Prep National Championship, as well as the semifinals. That pleases me a lot.

Of course, that also means it's time for baseball. I've made my thoughts clear on that topic. I'll get the Brunswick calls and I should also be handling more Babe Ruth baseball this year as a state tournament will go through Trumbull.

Oh, and I'm returning to the Renegades as a public address announcer for a select number of games. Would I rather spend the next six months in a booth? What do you think? Of course, I would but it's not meant to be.

I've tried to stop analyzing and wondering and just take the gigs I can get. My frustration nearly boiled over a few weeks back in a dangerous way and I simply have to keep moving forward. Other things are out of my control.

I'll call each game the same regardless of level.

The truth is I don't want to juggle this stuff. Depositions will also float around and there is a Hunt Scanlon conference on Thursday (I have the final script printed and ready to go). Plus other things. 

I want a home. My god, I've said that so many times. I want a base. Then other stuff can slot in, just as I've done forever.

The multitasker.

Somewhere in there, I'd also like to find another getaway and there are a few ideas for that.

Plus I'm moderating another London conference for Hunt Scanlon.

Yes, a base would be quite nice to get this to settle down. 

Tomorrow is the 2023 debut of "The Clubhouse."

And thus begins my own March madness.

No comments: