Thursday, March 23, 2023

A Mulligan


 

mul·li·gan

/ˈmələɡ(ə)n/

noun INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

1. a stew made from odds and ends of food.

2. (in informal golf) an extra stroke allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

Call it a mulligan. Call it a night off. Or call it nothing because 1) this isn't golf and 2) I'm here writing anyway.

Whatever you want to call it, I'm taking it.

On occasion, I will allow myself a break by writing a post without really writing anything.

Call it good old "Rule 55," in which I'd post a video in lieu of saying what was on my mind. But there's no video here tonight.

Tonight, it's not that I'm biting my tongue. It's just that I sort of have nothing to say.

That is not really a bad thing in my opinion.

I suppose I feel a swirl of negativity cycling right now so maybe a quiet night isn't such a bad thing.

I can watch basketball and just stretch out.

Who knows? Maybe I can even sleep. What a bizarre idea!

And, sure, there are times when I'm too brash and too opinionated and just say too much, so a night off keeps me out of trouble.

Such a novel idea, I know.

"Silence is a true friend who never betrays."  - Confucius

So let us regroup and come together again tomorrow night.

No comments: