Sunday, March 12, 2023

Forgetting All Troubles at the Lake

 


Our last full day in Florida was one of relaxation.

A seat on a dock at a house on a lake turned out to be the right combination.

Maybe a frosty adult beverage was missing but no matter. An old school RC Cola was in my hand and, if you know, oh my you know.

A sandwich from a nearby Publix and some chips, along with family -- immediate and extended -- added to a serene afternoon.

It was so serene, in fact, that I dozed off for a few minutes at one point.

I watched kids laugh while jumping into the lake. I watched babies smile and smile some more.

I laughed and listened and took it all in.

And when that was over we filled our cars and drove to a nearby restaurant for dinner that was also on a lake. After all, we were in Land o' Lakes, FL.

I was able to have a frosty beverage there along with a blackened grouper sandwich that hit the spot.

Cartoon Rob

Cartoon Sean

At dinner, Sean and I each had a picture drawn of us by hand to much amusement and charm. We both loved the final result.

A view of The Cat captured live via the camera
in our Greenwich living room

Now we're safely ensconced in our hotel room for the final night.

I assume it is anyway.

The forecast is not friendly for the soon-to-be weary travelers.

The numbers keep fluctuating though Greenwich appears to be on the low end of the mess that is approaching. But Kris and company need to get back to Ulster County and the accumulations will be decidedly higher.

Will we get out? Will we be sleeping on the floor of the Sarasota airport? Will we be back here for another night?

My instinct, overall, is that we'll make it home tomorrow night to a bratty cat that is awaiting. To be honest, we're looking forward to seeing him also.

Besides, I'm expected to be on "The Clubhouse" and at a Hunt Scanlon conference this week. There are people I need to see and places I need to be.

But I don't imagine it will be easy to get home. It will be a long day.

Travel days always are.

The question always goes through my brain: could I live here? Honestly, I probably could. Yes, the hot months would be difficult but I'd adjust. I'm not planning to move here (or anywhere) anytime soon so this is pure conjecture on my part.

The trip is almost over.

What stories await?

We'll find out.

No comments: