Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Let It Breathe

 

Rascal thinks it's too hot.

I just got home from handling public address duty for the Renegades.

I had fun and did my job and saw friends and, of course, Sean. Oh, and Lori too. And Mark Jeffers and Dave Torromeo. Mission accomplished.

Baseball-wise, it wasn't great. Look, I love low-scoring ballgames. The Gades lost 2-0 in front of an announced crowd of 1,549.

It's difficult to find energy when the temperature was listed at 84 degrees at first pitch and, let's be honest, it was decidedly warmer than that..

So it was just one of those nights where, despite everyone's best efforts, things just didn't click. We all tried but, meh.

There's a saying that's used when we're going to lay low in certain circumstances. For example, if one of the between-inning games isn't happening, we say we're going to "let it breathe."

That just means we'll run some music but there really aren't any elements. 

It's a fairly common term that essentially means "lay low."

That's sort of what I'm feeling here tonight.

I'm going to lay low with a quick post considering I got home around 11 p.m.

Tomorrow is meetings, a podcast recording, and more preparation for Saturday. I'm trying to gather everything, including rosters. It's not as easy as you might think.

Friday is more of the same.

"Doubleheader" will be on both days.

Then comes Saturday. Fairfield Prep/Greenwich at 2 p.m. Everything will be new and fresh as it's finally opening day. I will also be on pins and needles until kickoff.

On Sunday, we'll close out the regular season for the Renegades. Tonight was fun despite the loss. I'm hoping Sunday will be a great way to finish. Incidentally, the Gades are in the playoffs beginning next week (get tickets!). I won't be on PA duty unless they make it to the championship series beginning on the 17th.

So, yeah, a lot of things will be going on.

And I feel sort of tapped out in terms of talking.

Or maybe I just think I should stay quiet.

Your mileage may vary.

So we'll let it breathe tonight.

No comments: