Saturday, June 17, 2023

Jetlagged

 

A delay was not what we wanted

Tuesday: Travel from New York to London.

Wednesday: Walk around London.

Thursday: Conference in London.

Friday: Up early. Fly from London to New York.

That's a crazy schedule to begin with. Shockingly, I slept like a champ last night, falling asleep as I was writing the blog post.

The cat couldn't even wake me up. Even when I did rise from my slumber, I quickly drifted back off.

Eventually, I headed out to my deck chair only to sleep more.

Yet, duty called and I was back on the microphone for the Renegades tonight.

Overall, the baseball gods were kind as they gave us a 1-0 game within two-and-a-half hours.

So we're back home with one more game tomorrow.

Jet lag is fascinating. It's so interesting to watch as bodies adjust to the time.

Somehow I bounced back quickly as I went from the US to the UK. But the exhaustion was much higher upon returning to the US.

I remember the same thing happening last year. I hit the ground running in London only to feel like I was weighed down by anchors back in New York.

I was into the game tonight and didn't miss any cues but I was still yawning and simply exhausted. I can only hope tonight was the worst of it.

I can also only hope this was the worst of the sinus issues I'm fighting. Apparently, I'm not meant to travel because I also had sinus issues when I went to Florida back in March.

So I was quite happy to have the game be a reasonable amount of time and to get home at a decent hour. Reasonable despite a one-hour rain delay at the start. But, as I said, we're right back at it tomorrow.


Oh, and that's the Gades' mascot Rascal and his new mate Rosie in the picture with me. Ah, love.

And that other face? That's only my fellow Mahopac classmate Steve Feldman. He's sort of a mascot also.

Enough talking.

I need sleep.

No comments: