Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A Great Day

 

How the day ended

It's heading towards 11 p.m. here in London and we're in the hotel bar stuffing badges for the conference tomorrow.

It's the back end of a day in London that was completely happy and has nothing to do with being a tourist.

Oh, Erik and I were briefly tourists, walking over to Big Ben and Parliament and taking pictures.

And then we went to the London Eye.

Now, here's the thing. I have a fear of heights. It's fear of heights in the way that I hate ladders and other things that don't feel secure. 

On the London Eye


That being said, the London Eye felt secure. I decided that, if looking down freaked me out, I could simply go to the middle of my and sit down.


But the views were stunning. We enjoyed seeing Big Ben, Parlament, Buckingham Palace, and other delights from our view towering over the Thames. 

Still, the highlights of the day involved my colleagues. My friends. Especially my roommate, Erik Boender, who joined me after I grabbed a solo table from them.

Then we walked. We went to the south side of the Thames and took in the day. We enjoyed just watching life go back.

Walker and Mike both joined us eventually and we eventually made our way to Shakespeare's Globe Theater.

Me and a new friend.

That will have to stay on the agenda for 2024, if we come back.

No, today was about hanging out and, of course, laughing.

The conference is tomorrow, so the bases need to get resolved.

No comments: