Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pictures...memories

1986...
2016 (courtesy Shawn Sailer)
Pictures can tell us so much. They can be painful. They can be sweet. Great memories. Bad memories.

They also tell the story of time.

I remember my family putting some old home movies on one night, and my dad getting upset because he didn't really want to watch them. For reasons all his own, they were sad.

I found myself looking through an album this morning for a picture from 1986 that I used in the last post. It made me smile to see the memory of posing with characters at Disney World, along with other assorted trinkets. Pictures of my dad, sister, brother, nieces, aunts, uncles, my grandparents, my beloved cat Bandit, and more.

In short, as both pictures show above, I enjoy being silly. Standing with the Big Bad Wolf or Cinderella (her hair felt like a horse brush) or making a goofy face for Shawn Sailer as we got ready to go on the air on Thursday night.

I'll post more, maybe, as time goes on.

Oh, it's still Valentine's Day...yeah...more HLN. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...

No comments: