Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Bad Dream

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.
I had a dream last night, and it absolutely rocked my world.

I don't usually have very memorable dreams, but on occasion, I have ones that pop up. My father, no surprise, has visited me a few times, most notably in a dream so vivid, that I still remember the details.

We were in a car (perfect place for us) and I started talking with him about why he died. I started asking him why he had to leave us. Yet there he was, in this car, talking with me. It was clear. Memorable. Most of the time, I know I'm dreaming. This time, I did not.

I woke up with a tremendous thud.

I won't discuss last night, but I'll only say it was bad. As in I need to use italics bad.

About the worst thing I can imagine.

Again, it woke me up, horribly. Still I was relieved to discover that it was only a dream.

Yet I wound up awake for a few hours, watching whatever I could find on TV and reading my iPad. I was finally able to get back to sleep, but I'm still a wreck over it.

Oh yeah, add in some debit card fraud (no, I'm not in Illinois today, thank you very much), and I'm just a touch rattled.

There's the obvious silver lining that all, otherwise is fine, and I'm quite fortunate. The dream wasn't real and the debit card was quickly resolved.

But it's still in the back of my mind.

Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Roy Orbison.


No comments: