Friday, February 19, 2016

A Day in Boston


I'm in Boston this weekend for the NENPA convention. It's my third time here for the convention, though I've been to Boston many times.

The day was spent in seminars and talking, and spending time with former colleague and good friend Paul Silverfarb.

Later in the day, after grabbing a cup of coffee, we walked to a nearby piano store so that Paul could get some advice on his own piano. At the end of the conversation, he asked if he could play one. He sat down at a gorgeous, $125,000 Steinway and played pieces of a few songs.

Rather gorgeously, I might add.

He broke into "Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)" by Billy Joel, and I admittedly had to walk away for a moment to compose myself. It's a song that takes me back to when Sean was a baby. I can still hear it on the CD player every night when he went to bed.


It still grabs me quite emotionally. My little boy keeps getting older (there will likely be more about that in a few days).

It also worked as a way to divert my attention from other things in that moment. I don't understand some things in life.

I'm babbling, I guess.

And so it goes.

No comments: