Tuesday, December 21, 2021

What to Write About?

Don't we all? (2018 photo)

So what shall I write about tonight?

It's the shortest day of the year which is always bittersweet. Yes, it is bittersweet. Honestly, it's terrible and all (at least I think so) but the days will start getting longer from here. So there's that.

Just trying to put a positive spin on things, amirite?

We're careening towards 1,100 days in a row that I've written. No matter what -- banquets that have run too long or games or the one or two times I almost forgot -- I've put something online.

I've sat in parking lots and various sports arenas and hotels and offices and houses.

I've literally fallen asleep typi...lafjdsjlfdsakl....TYPING!

I've bled and often told too much and yet held more cards to the vest than I've ever let on.

But when I hurt (most of the time) you knew it. Same with the triumphs.

Yet, I sit here tonight with just...nothing.

Fairly empty.

Peace on earth and all of that, of course. Lovely ideas, indeed.

But, honestly, I'm a little stretched tonight.

We're in this awful time where if you have allergies or a chest cold you might as well have the plague. Someone told me about having a runny nose on a cold day and another person actually said something to them about it. 

A stranger.

I mean, this is our world.

So, yeah, what is there to write about tonight?

Instead, let's take tonight off -- I've already written enough words anyway -- regroup and see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow. It's another day.

The sun will come out.

We'll keep turning.

The days will get longer.

It will all be OK.

No comments: