Monday, December 06, 2021

The Wind Cries

 


"It was a dark and stormy night..."

No, really, it's dark, and the wind has just started whipping around. 

There's an image or a metaphor in there but I'm not smart enough to think of it right now.

In fact, I'm not smart enough to write at all tonight. I feel tapped out. It's probably just as well that I didn't do "Doubleheader" today because I would have likely snapped about the Hall of Fame (some good and some bad). Again, my Hall of Fame is more exclusive. I did love Buck O'Neil getting in.

Others give me hope for Don Mattingly and Thurman Munson. You just need the right baseball political push because that's part of what goes on in these committees.

On the other hand, there are too many schnooks on the interwebs to fight with about such things, so I'll pass.

I recorded a podcast later on which was fine because I had the basis of the interview written out and I ad-libbed from there.

No heavy lifting and it minimized the ways that I could get in trouble.

You know, as I always do.

So, yeah, I'm not feeling it tonight. It just feels like a good time to close up shop early and watch football until we lose power though I'm hoping that won't happen.


No comments: