Thursday, December 05, 2013

Note to Self (aka I'm So Dizzy) and Other HAN Radio Notes


Back in August, I was driving to Lisa's house when I went to turn right off US 44 (goes from Plymouth, MA to Kerhonkson, NY) onto West Street in Pleasant Valley, NY. After making the turn, I began to feel a little lightheaded.

Within a mile, West Street became a spinning wheel.

I was dizzy.

I pulled into a nearby elementary school parking lot and got the car stopped. After a brief bout of nausea (sorry if that's "TMI"), I pulled back onto the road and went on with my day.

Today, while going over some things regarding Hersam Acorn Radio, it happened again.  I squashed it down.

And it happened again.

And again.

I was OK to drive (I promise) and got myself to a nearby Rite Aid. Nurse Lisa's suggestion was that I get some sugar in my system - STAT!

A Kit Kat, 100 Grand, pumpkin muffin and maple doughnut later (from Dunkin Donuts, along with a cup of coffee), I feel generally better.

The lesson here - as it was in August - was that I shouldn't be starving myself. Now, I didn't mean to do it, but it happened. I probably need some backup food at my desk (a granola bar will suffice, I suppose), but the point is that the lesson has been learned.

Now I'm sitting at a Wilton Board of Ed meeting. I like the people here, but ugh. I'd really like to be home and prepping for Saturday's Ridgefield/Southington football game.

Oh, and we'll do a half hour pregame show tomorrow at 4:00. All on your local Hersam Acorn Radio network station (aka, FCIAC.net, RidgefieldPress.com, etc).

As for Saturday, we have something really cool in store: live on-site updates of games from our reporters in the field.

And the following weekend might be the busiest broadcast weekend I've had in a long time.

And Joel Cookson was kind to ask me to be a guest on his CIAC podcast. When it's ready, it will be posted here.

There's more coming. It could be lots more. But I have to be patient. And eat.

No comments: