Sunday, October 14, 2012

A New Greenwich Post Post (HA!)...and Other Writing News

This is my latest contribution to the Greenwich Post website.  Paying tribute to friends at Cardinal Stadium.

In a related story, it looks like I'm going to be a writer.  You know, as in, "professionally."  My friends at the Post (Ken Borsuk) were instrumental in putting me in touch with some folks at Brunswick School, the wonderful boys private school in Greenwich.  Of course, I've broadcast games around 'Wick for years, including hockey, football, basketball, baseball, and lacrosse.  Going forward, I will be the sports writer for their Times of Brunswick periodical.  My work will be found in their pages (which is published three times per year).

There are a few things that are really exciting about this:

1) Building a strong relationship with the school.  We're pretty solid with Greenwich High School, but not as solid with everyone else in town (there are various reasons for this - none bad on my part or the school's.  Just matters of time and such.).  This will give me more contact with their coaches and athletes.  If "The Press Box" soldiers on*, we can continue to grow.

* Yes, I said "if."  With that said, cultivating this relationship is networking at its finest, for me personally.

2) They told me to "have fun with it."  Nothing sounds better to me!

I'm also working on some things with Connecticut School of Broadcasting (you might recall that I attended the school and now teach there).  Hopefully more to come on that eventually.

No comments: