Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thinking Good Thoughts For a Couple of Musical Legends

Word has been spreading that Bee Gee Robin Gibb is in a coma and his family is keeping a vigil at his bedside.

Today, I read that Levon Helm, drummer and vocalist for The Band, as well as a successful solo artist, is in the final stages of cancer.

Gibb, as part of the Bee Gees, unfortunately gets lumped in as a disco artist due to the Saturday Night Fever success.  But, kids, you should Google the Bee Gees chart success and discover that they were quite the diverse musical act.

As for Helm, well, The Band alone speaks to his legend.  But his recent work, including his "midnight rambles" up in Woodstock, NY, had become a great addition to his legacy.

Let's think some happy thoughts for both of these gentlemen.

1 comment:

B.Martin said...

At first I wanna say,I just love your site.Lovely post with great presentation.I am always thinking good for others.
Blessings !!! sell my house