Sunday, March 25, 2007

Writer's Block

Maybe it's that I'm overwhelmed lately, or I just don't really have anything to say, but I haven't written a lot here. I'll try to get back up to speed soon. I'd like to play catch up with some thoughts about a great party last night, and even some "archive" stuff, like travel journals, and so on. Plus with baseball coming up, and March Madness rolling along, I have sports things to discuss as well. So I hope to be back with you soon, maybe even by the end of the day.

I'm working a bit again, for a publisher in New Rochelle. I'm so happy there, and there's talk of them wanting me permanently. There's a financial downside to it but we'll see if we can live with it. I know it's nice to be wanted - that's for sure!

A couple of shout outs before I run. Happy birthday to the most wonderful, beautiful wife and friend that a guy could have. Her name is Sandi, and she's The Wife. We're kind of struggling these days to make all the ends meet, but we make it work somehow. Happy birthday also to her father, Tom. Sixty-five and still full of life. He's the closest thing I have to a father. And, if I haven't mentioned this already, best of luck to Ricky Fritsch as he sets off on his new endeavor, which he started earlier in the week. We've become good friends, and I enjoy his honest and realistic look at life. He could often find the right mix to keep my grounded. I hope he stays involved with WGCH in some capacity, but it's more likely that I will have a new broadcast partner, when (or should I say "if") we get back to broadcasting games. I know who that new/old partner is, but I can't reveal that information yet...

I hope you all continue to read "Exit 55", and enjoy my sometimes offbeat view of my world, and the bigger picture. I don't run a counter here to see who's reading because I don't think I want to know. I'm happy to live with the comments that I receive, and view the lack of comments as "no news means good news." With that said, whoever is reading, I thank you for stopping by.

No comments: