Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Let it Snow ... oh No Way

 

Oh hells to the naw

It's snowing. Or it's supposed to snow.

I suppose I could end the post right there.

You might know that I truly detest and despise snow and cold weather and winter.

Too many years of slipping and sliding and gliding my way back to Mahopac or Carmel from Greenwich, White Plains, Rockland County, or wherever.

No, I don't find it pretty. No, I don't enjoy just seeing it on TV.

I don't enjoy the bony chilling days and the ice.

Reality check: I can't ice skate and I haven't been on a sled in years. As for skiing, I tried it once and within maybe an hour I was done. I was happier sitting in the lodge sipping a beverage. 

I don't enjoy the drab grey days and the dirty snow either. 

Now, understand that tonight's snow is barely going to cause a hint of an issue. 

But it means we're just starting. 

Yet, I thought, hold on a moment. I don't live in Mahopac anymore. A lot of the work I do is from home. If I'm needed at WGCH or Hunt Scanlon or even Brunswick that's all within 20 minutes tops. 

OK, and I don't have to shovel my driveway or get a snowblower to start.

On the other hand, I no longer have the garage I used for almost two years and I'm back to having to clean my car off in this stuff. And, let's face it, some days I'll have to park on the road versus the driveway.

So, that's a push. 

Still, I'm trying to consider how it will feel to simply be snowed in. I'll only have to clean the cars off (including Sean's when he is here). Let's find the energy! Make some hot food! Throw some chili together! Watch movies or sports or binge a TV show (I'm finally going all in on Schitt's Creek)! Crank some music up and just chill or read!

Doesn't this all sound great? That's the spirit, ol' chap!

Or not.

Like, no. No. No. No. No. No.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for the northeast anymore.

Maybe I should look towards Florida. Meh. Too humid. Too ... reptilian.

If anything, I'm likely more of a mid-Atlantic guy, where temperatures are a bit warmer and the snow/ice is less frequent.

Or, dare I say, North Carolina. Yes, I know, all of these places can still be reptilian. Gotta look at the pluses and minuses, friends!

The truth is, this is simply a gripe post. A bit frustrated over the beginning of winter weather and the shorter days (which tends to depress me) and the feeling of just being sort of incomplete, I suppose.

Just hanging and surviving day to day in the in-between, I suppose. It's this nebulous life that I'm dealing with.

I'll make the best of the winter as I've done for years.

I'm going to watch Schitt's Creek now.

Does that count as cursing on the blog?

Once upon a time in my family (pre-me)


No comments: