Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pictures and Exhaustion

 


For the first time in a week (or more) I'm sort of at a loss for words.

Maybe I'm just tired but I think it's more than that. I did my first depo in several days today, thus keeping me anchored at my desk.

I had plenty of time to write and I chose not to. Nothing resonated.

Overall I find nothing compelling tonight.

Sure, there are tales of the UK but I tend to think there's a point in which one has to just stop before overplaying their hand.

Yes, I posted the trip pictures on Facebook today so you can have a look for yourself.

I watched part of "Get Back" tonight on Disney +. I specifically watched the rooftop concert because I had obviously just been there.

But I sense you've heard enough Beatles talk for the moment.

So, really, my sense is that it's enough to post a few pics and call it a night. I might repeat a few from previous posts, so forgive me.

At the top of the post is a picture of Big Ben. I like the composition of that image. Plus there's a British road sign in it. Win-win.


I'm simply overwhelmed by the detail in this picture from inside Westminster Abbey. Considering when it was built, just how? How did they do it?



This picture doesn't even do it justice. Park Place is a short road just a block or two from The Stafford hotel. I walked by it several times and the level of detail in the mix of architecture as well as the colors of the buildings caught my eye. There's a lot going on there.


Speaking of architecture, these buildings next to the Tate Modern really stood out to all of us. Whether they were apartments or offices, I liked the floor-to-ceiling windows. I'd like working in a space like that.


I nearly walked right by "Yankees and Beatles" by Burhan Dogançay in the Tate Modern and missed it. To the credit of Erik Boender (Mets fan) I went back and looked at it. While "modern art" (in this case, from 1964) was never my thing, I had to smile at the confluence of two of the most important things in my life.

Thanks for indulging me. I'm still waking up, I guess.

No comments: