Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, we'll see where the road takes me. As I announced yesterday, I have a new job - finally. I told you that I am not going to name the company, but will tell you this: I will be working in White Plains, for an Australian company that is opening their first US office. I'm also heading back to the industry that I was in until the middle of 2006. I'm nervously excited.

Thanks to all of you who were there for me in one way or another during this process. I know at the very least that so many of you were at least thinking of The Son, The Wife, and me, even if there was nothing you could do for us. Your thoughts and words of encouragement were great.

From here, we will take it day by day. I will keep my eyes wide open. Oh, and does this mean that I'm done with radio/broadcasting? Hardly. I hope to be back doing things for WGCH again soon, but if not there, then I'm hopeful that something will happen with Sporting News CT. Frankly, if none of that works out, then I will consider what I've long thought about doing: starting my own internet broadcasting outlet.

Again, let's see where the road takes us. Now, sing along...

"Buying bread from a man in Brussels. He was six foot four and full of muscles. I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.

And he said, 'I come from a land down under. Where beer does flow and men chunder...'"

1 comment:

Tim Parry said...

WOO-HOO!

Sorry, Rob, just catching up in the blogosphere! Congratulations!

TP