Sunday, October 29, 2006

And for the first time...a picture! (General)

Sometimes, you just have to let your hair down, or in my case, put a bunch of gel in it and slick it back. My wife, sister-in-law and I decided to be Velma Kelly, Billy Flynn, and Roxie Hart from the movie (or play, your choice) "Chicago." We went to our favorite hangout - Molly Darcy's in Danbury, and had a great time, joined by some of our friends - people who had the guts to dress up. What the heck has happened to people though? So many others there didn't have costumes on. Hello!! It was a COSTUME PARTY!! I know from experience that it's tough to loosen up, so I get it. I was a very fun-loving kind of guy but things happened that made me withdraw and it took a talking-to from The Wife to get me to start thinking again. She said, quite simply, "What happened to you? I know you know how to have fun." It made me think, and I'm working on it.

I'd like to believe our friends had fun as well, but some folks just don't know how to remove the bug that crawled up their...oh never mind. Anyway, for the first time on Exit 55, I bring you a picture - The Wife is on the left, and The Sister-In-Law is on the right. I would eventually don a 30's-era hat but my hair was still wet when this picture was taken. I've got to tell ya, I'm a pretty lucky guy.

No comments: