Thursday, April 13, 2023

How Many Times?

 


It's amazing I have a tongue given the number of times I've bit it.

"Take the high road," right?

And I have. So, so, so, so, so many times.

I've held back information and have taken that damn high road so many times and yet I still haven't conquered any fear of heights.

The thing is that I could finally let loose and yet I haven't.

All transactions and legal hassles have been completed. 

I've even been encouraged to let loose finally and just tell the stories.

Oh, the stories. 

Oh, the things I know. The things I've learned.

I've said nothing. 

Oh, the times I'd get those messages that others thought they knew what I was writing about when I never said a thing.

I held my head high and kept things private to protect others.

A few people will read this and know exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't cast anyone aside. The door is open and we make it work.

But, please, friends, don't give this post too much thought. There's nothing salacious here.

It's literally me sitting down and writing. It's a gripe session to myself that you'll be reading.

With that, I'll step away from the computer and head towards the Hudson Valley.

Sean and I both have to work tonight's game between the Renegades and Aberdeen Ironbirds.

We'll both be back in Greenwich tonight.

Taking separate cars.

Sean has to work tomorrow as well. You'd think it would be best if he just stayed in the Hudson Valley tonight.

He thinks that also.

So, yeah, I'll just write and step away. Then I'll take time to let this marinate.

I'll return to it later.

Then maybe I'll press the publish button.

*****

OK, I'm back home. The game ended and I thought about softening the post somehow.

The game was a blast. I had fun and it was a good contest.

But, then, well ...

Nope. 

It's staying as is.

I'm pretty worn out.

No comments: