Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday Feels

 

Brunswick through the raindrops

It's later and, well, last night's post got a demoralizingly low number of visits.

I mean ... Who cares? And that's true. But when you've come home from a lacrosse game in the rain and it's cold and you're just not eating frozen pizza at 10 p.m. a blog post isn't exactly a top priority.

It's like turning on the Yankees game and not being happy with the play-by-play announcer. Oh, wait, that too.

So, I'm trying to throw a few thoughts here, let it marinate, and dive into a weekend of all girls basketball, all the time.

Two games tomorrow (10 a.m. and 1 p.m.) and possibly three Sunday (8 a.m., 11 a.m., 4 p.m.). I'll be looking for food (and maybe sleep) in between games. 

Oh, and coffee.

Also, it can all be heard on most of these Robcasting Radio stations! Considering there's only one, that's where you need to go: robcasting.mixlr.com.

I received a kind word at the end of tonight's broadcast and, like many (we all have egos) the compliments go a long way.

It was from a gentleman near my window. Now, as I've highlighted, I'm not a big fan of people being in proximity to where I call games because I just don't want to be heard. Yes, it's weird because all you have to do is go to the internet and you can listen but still. 

Anyway, the game wrapped up but, of course, I hadn't wrapped up yet. I was still on the air. So he turned around to talk to me. Instead of stopping him, I decided to mute the mics and see what he wanted.

In short, he asked if I just do Brunswick (I don't but, in this case, I am Brunswick's broadcaster), and do I travel (well, yes, but that's a more nuanced answer). Apparently he has heard me before -- or could hear me in the crowd (or both) and was impressed. He and his wife both were.

I always love hearing that listeners are astounded at the "nuggets" I produce because I never think I have enough stories of interest.

The compliment was much appreciated and, as I said, a nice boost.

The business is just such a punching bag day-to-day. Or, perhaps, I'm the punching bag.

Anyway, off to basketball tomorrow.

Maybe I'll check in from there.

No comments: