Tuesday, March 01, 2022

March 1

 


It's 11:29 p.m. as I begin typing.

It's also March 1st. I just got home from calling the FCIAC boys basketball semifinals and will handle the championship on Thursday night when Wilton meets Ridgefield. The Ridgefield Tigers have become a dynasty but the Warriors are very good. That's 7 p.m. Thursday only on most of these Local Live stations.

But, yeah, it's March, and it's a month that befuddles me. It's a month that I want to love with spring training (HA!) and March Madness and the promise of warmer weather approaching.

Did I say "HA?" Yeah. Major League Baseball can just go away. That's it. That is all.

But March also has a lot of things that are...meh. Or memories that are simply bad.

I know I've written it before but I'm going to say it again. It's important to just move forward. I'd rather see the good though I suppose we won't ignore all of the bad.

But I called two FCAIC semifinals tonight. I'll handle Brunswick's quarterfinal hockey game tomorrow. I'll do the FCIAC Championship on Thursday. I'll call New Jersey wrestling in Atlantic City on Friday. There will be a hockey game (or two) on Saturday and maybe one more on Sunday.

Later in the month, I'll call my first Brunswick baseball game and there could be some other things in the pipeline.

I also have to go to New York City for the next Hunt Scanlon conference that I'll moderate.

These are all good things.

So bring it on March. Let's see what you have in store.

With that, it's late and I'm going to bed.

No comments: