Thursday, March 17, 2022

It's Not Easy Being Green

Johnny Bench's green Reds uniform from 1978

 

This day hasn't gone as planned.

Do something good. Do something fun. That was always my approach.

No.

Work a deposition that starts at 10 am and...as of 6:08 p.m....is still going due to internet issues (not mine).

So I'm not going to be the Debbie Downer. Hope you're all enjoying your green beer and corned beef and whatnot.

I've watched a little college basketball (I called Richmond's upset of Iowa), recorded liners for Mike Hirn's coverage of high school hoops in Ohio, and even sort of drifted off at one point.

I've also done the most Irish thing of all! I ordered a pizza.

I haven't talked about today at all. Why? What is there to say?

Life goes on. It's made abundantly clear.

The Cat and I are currently sitting on our bed. I'm writing and he's being a cat. He's good at it.

Nah, 33 years is a long time. Get over it. Get busy living or get busy dying.

Or work on a job that has you in a holding pattern.

One that could have three or four hours to go when it does resume.

Oh yeah, I also worked on the Brunswick spring schedule.

I'll be busy.

I was told I'm "fantastic calling baseball." I'm glad someone thinks so. Weather permitting, I'm nine days away from that.

For what it's worth, I hope I'm not too shabby on lacrosse -- the other spring sport of note for me. I let that one breathe differently than baseball I suppose.

That is...when nobody tries to take work from me.

So happy day o' green y'all. 

I wasn't going to be the one to stop the festivities.

No comments: