Friday, March 18, 2022

A Good Day

 


I've reached that inevitable point where I wonder what I'm going to write about.

It could be broadcasting-related, sure, but sometimes the tales are best left to the imagination. I'll say that I made an attempt to rectify a situation today. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Oh and the countdown to spring games sits at eight days. A week from tomorrow, I'll strap the headset back on and call baseball. Some say that's the sport I was born to call though I don't necessarily like being pinned to any one particular sport. I love my "Renaissance Man" moniker even if I've never been to a renaissance festival.

It will take a special person to get me to one of those.

But, as I searched my brain for a topic, I simply found myself wondering if it's OK to occasionally say the day was good.

Anything that could be bad or upsetting didn't upset the mood.

The laughs were happy and free.

The food was good -- both lunch and dinner. Even if dinner was just some reheated pizza it still popped.

The conversations were fresh and fun.

The weather was glorious. I mean, 77 degrees and sunny on a Friday in mid-March? Yes, please!

Even "Doubleheader" -- in studio, no less -- felt good. I doubt many listened or watched but, sometimes, that's not what it's about.

I truly aim to crank roughly 500 words every night and, admittedly, some nights don't even come close. But, really, do I need to hit some mythical number when I simply want to say I had a good day and I'm happy tonight?

No. No, I do not.

The secret to this is I'm not feeling great as I've been sniffling. Yet it was still a great day (and no, I don't have that).

The key is to do the same tomorrow. The key is to keep finding that happiness.

For the first time in a while, the calendar is quiet for a few days but, fear not, I'll fill it.

That's for tomorrow.

Tonight is for the joy of this day.

No comments: