Sunday, July 18, 2021

Waiting on vacation

Tonight's dinner

 

This is a Rob problem.

It's 9:35 am outside of Fayetteville, NC.

I've been up since 6am.

Yesterday morning it was getting close to 11 before anyone -- Sean -- made his way to the living room where I sat (and am sitting again), phone in hand.

Well, wait. I had at least three cats hanging around. Plus a dog.

The point is when I'm away, I'm not good at just sitting in the house. I'll do it and, perhaps inevitably, fall asleep. 

I just like to go. I don't like sitting around when I'm on vacation. It's part of the reason I like to be out the door early in the morning on day one.

So, finally, Sean and I left everyone at home and went where we belonged: Waffle House.

Then we did a few things around Fayetteville, including a quick drive past the baseball stadium, home of the Woodpeckers. I decided to not visit the stadium. We're still here until Wednesday so there's time.

After some time, we went back to the house where everyone was indeed awake. I flopped down in a chair...

...and fell asleep...

Before I quickly rallied to take Kristy and Hector's daughters (and Sean) to that bastion of heaven, South of the Border!

So, yes, I made the most of the day.

And today was just as busy, with an over five-hour round trip drive to drop one of the girls off at a camp.

And tomorrow? It will be an earlier start.

Maybe.

No comments: