Friday, July 16, 2021

A long drive

 

I hugged this display in the Food Lion

Greetings from North Carolina.

I wish I could say it was one of our better drives but that would be a lie.

With stops, it was over 12 hours of driving.

From New York to just south of Washington, DC it was just fine. The pace seemed good if not unspectacular.

Then came Virginia. When I-95 is closed south of DC on a Friday in summer, you have major problems. That led me to working my magic around the shutdown but that still involves myriad traffic lights and generally slow traffic.

Then there were the countless (well, it felt like it) slowdowns for construction.

What should have been a three-hour run through Virginia was nearly five.

Then there was the intense rain near Rocky Mount, NC that had me exit off 95 for a few miles because the ran was too intense.

And so here I sit, slowly falling asleep as I wait for the Renegades to finish playing their game in Wilmington so that I can publish a game story.

I don't know that I have much else to say. I'm completely wiped out.

There were moments that were total bliss. The traffic moved. The tunes were great. 

There were others that weren't much fun.

It's great to be back here. I wish I had more to offer tonight.

No comments: