Thursday, July 22, 2021

It's not about you or me

 

Gades/IronBirds. Posted without comment.

It's a quiet Thursday night.

The Renegades are playing in extra innings and it's on my phone.

The Yankees are playing and it's on the TV.

Tomorrow, I begin calling a lot of baseball. It's an overwhelming thought in which I have to pace myself and just enjoy the ride.

But, and I can't stress this enough, it's not about me. I don't do this for the glory. I talk. I'm a conduit. Too many in our business now are all about themselves. I'd share the links but I'm sure you know where to look.

I do it because I love sharing the passion of telling stories. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

In many ways, I'm not the most socially comfortable person. So it's under the headset where I can let that happen.

Thus I'll tell the stories of the teams North Providence/Smithfield, New London, Pittsfield, Braintree, Skowhegan, Lamprey River, Three Corners, and Trumbull tomorrow at 10 a.m.

I make no predictions about posts beginning tomorrow but I'll do my best as always.

But there will also be Renegades game stories to write.

Oh yeah. It will be a fun couple of days.


No comments: