Saturday, July 10, 2021

Nope. No. Nada. Nothing.

 


The Renegades swept a doubleheader from the Brooklyn Cyclones tonight.

They won game one, 7-1. They won game two, 5-0.

In the first game, Ezequiel Duran homered, singled, doubled, and drove in three. He was a triple shy of the cycle, just as Josh Breaux was the night before.

In the second game, Breaux hit three home runs.

Oh and three pitchers -- Sean Boyle, Nick Ernst, and Derek Craft -- combined on a no-hitter.

Rob Manfred, the commissioner of baseball, feels that as a seven-inning game, it's not significant. It's not an official no-hitter. Thus I basically buried the lead in this post.

But it's still a no-hitter, and the team celebrated it as such.

And I called it like it mattered.



Just wow.

I'm still sitting in the stadium.

I'm replaying it in my mind. 

I did everything that I believed in:

- It doesn't matter until after six innings.

- Do my due diligence (find out if it's official or not -- and it's not).

- Report it because there's no jinx, and I did in the top of the seventh.

 I was nervous. I needed to say it was a no-hitter and it's a bummer that it wasn't a nine-inning game. But it's still historic.

*****

I've finally made myself leave the stadium and go home. I still have some work to do before I go to bed and get ready for the last game of the series.

I honestly don't think I have the words to make any sense of tonight or what it meant.

By the way, that's Sean's camera work for the call of the final out.

Even he said to me, "I don't care if it's 'unofficial,' a no-hitter is pretty cool."

I'm dreaming.

This doesn't seem real.

No comments: