Saturday, July 31, 2021

Jomboy and a walkoff, a breakdown

 


Great day at the ballpark today.

Sean and I were there before 10 am to be a part of the Jomboy and Jake Blitzball game (think Wiffle ball but different).

Over two hours, we worked with Jimmy (Jomboy), Jake, our old friend Tom Prizeman and the rest of the Jomboy Media team.

They asked me to be their first-ever play-by-play announcer and I did my best to give them what they wanted. They wanted a straight call and that's what I did, save for a few flourishes here and there.

The video will be edited and head out to the public in a few weeks though a few things might trickle out in the meantime.

They were great to work with. Extremely down-to-earth and a lot of fun.

We had some time around the stadium after that so I bought pizza for some of the guys, especially Conor Santoianni and Spencer Pierce, who have been my almost-sort-of-kind of-maybe interns this year.

Of course, I bought for Sean also and was happy to have Zach, Jared, and others grab some.

Then it was time for the baseball game and, once again, the Gades did their thing. A slow affair worked its way to being 4-4 in the bottom of the ninth when Chad Bell stepped up.


The homestand wraps up tomorrow and I'll get a break on Monday. Since we got home from North Carolina on July 21 I have called 154 innings spread over 22 games. Those totals will increase to 163 and 23 tomorrow.

No complaints from me.

Though I suspect my voice will be happy to rest on Monday.

No comments: