Friday, July 09, 2021

Still streaking

 

It rained a lot. There was still baseball.

I thought I might have reached the end of the line. It's 11:04 and I'm in the stadium.

Rain soaked the dugouts and delayed our start. First pitch was just before 8 p.m.

Yet?

Here we are. I'm writing in the booth as the fireworks are lighting up the night.

I had a few characters outside the booth tonight, and one of them decided to imitate me. 

Ah. Whatever. There was nothing offensive about it and it didn't rattle me. I could hear them but I just carried on.

It's all part of the job.

You know what? I'm too happy anyway. I'm doing what I love to do and there are nearly 4,000 people at Dutchess Stadium tonight. Many more listened and watched on radio and online.

I'm pretty proud.

You know what they say...

Accept no imitations.

Rascal gets pelted with tennis balls


No comments: