Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The pen is mightier

 

Screenshot from YouTube

I composed a rather firm letter to a company today to discuss some of their business tactics.

It was firm -- not mean -- and represented pretty much everything I wanted to get off my chest.

I had someone review it for any necessary edits and they agreed it was good. So off it went.

I won't post it here or mention anything on the air...yet...but I did mention that could happen.

Will it have any impact? Given COVID-19 and the previous year that we've had, I'd say it might at least have a slight impact. Maybe not much but I'll get my point across.

Occasionally, we have to do such things, I suppose, whether it's regarding a faulty product or unacceptable charges or lack of payment.

I wrote what I thought was a very fair email last month about that last topic. 

I'd very much like to discuss that topic and even run that email here but I've been dissuaded from doing so for now.

It isn't something I prefer to do. In fact, I prefer to do none of this.

Yet sometimes -- short of lawyers getting richer -- it must be done.

And so, writing is the preferred measure for me. I find that I can handle such things best by organizing my thoughts (#preparation) and having the trusty delete key nearby.

I really don't like being a jerk. Honestly. Frankly, I joke about being "an ass" but I don't like being that way. It's basically a defense mechanism, I suppose.

Feeling taken advantage of will always produce that emotion.

I also don't think it's wrong to expose those -- big or small -- who do things that aren't above board, shall we say.

Anyway, I'm being deliberately vague with good reason. I specifically wrote two items: an email looking for long-overdue compensation (it was ignored) and a letter to a company to let them know I didn't like how they handled certain things during the pandemic (mailed today).

To be sure, I have a great working relationship with everyone I'm currently with. I just want to clear that up.

Will you ever read them on here? I can't predict though I suppose it seems unlikely.

The greater takeaway from this is that I can't stand for it. I won't stand for it. I'm frustrated by it.

And you should be too.

No comments: