Sunday, February 07, 2021

Post-Super Bowl Double five

 

Bucco Bruce, sadly, has never won a Super Bowl
(The Bucs have never worn this logo in the Super Bowl and that's a crime)

It's all over in Tampa.

Congrats to Paul Silverfarb and other Bucs fans. My goodness, what a defensive performance. To me, a defensive player should have won MVP, much as Von Miller did when the defense carried Peyton Manning to his final Super Bowl ring.

Offensively, Gronk was the difference. Yet somehow the QB won the MVP. It's the easy choice.  That, sadly, says more about shameless butt-kissing, including CBS, who had their lips planted on number 12s fanny.

So it goes.

It was, in total, a very forgettable Super Bowl night.

True to form, many didn't know who or what The Weeknd was and still really don't. He was fine. Basically, he was safe. Most couldn't understand what he was saying anyway and his commentary on Hollywood instead looked like backup dancers wearing jockstraps.

In short, I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. I just sat there.

There were some good commercials. Many were seen before kickoff but a few were fun and funny.

A few really missed.

And I'm going to guess the less I say, the better since it's 11:35 and I need to post this.

So, I'll keep it quick and just call it a night.

I can't guarantee a Monday "Doubleheader" since I picked up a job tomorrow but I'll try to keep you posted on social media.

With that, goodnight to football, and I'm looking forward to a glance of pitchers and catchers in roughly 10 days.

No comments: