Wednesday, November 02, 2022

This is NOT w World Series Post

 

1992 Toronto Blue Jays

It's a quiet Wednesday night and I'm watching the World Series.

Oh, don't worry. I'm not going to dazzle you with the legend of Pat Borders and the 1992 Fall Classic.

OK, Borders went nine for 20 (.450) as the Blue Jays took the first international World Series, besting the Braves in six. He was also named World Series MVP.

I'd love to tell you about the meeting I had after "Doubleheader" tonight but, no, not yet.

Something is afoot, though there is no money to be had. I suppose there's some prestige but, to be fair, I don't know that prestige even matters. It's not what the gig is about.

Anyway, we'll discuss more as things become a little more official.

It's nice to be asked to do things. Besides the Boomslang Basketball game that I recently did, a few others have kicked the Robcasting tires.

I'll try to do as much of it as I can.

It was that kind of day. It was a day of meetings, moving and shaking, and a toilet seat.

Oh. Yes, that too. 

The seat snapped and instead of troubling anyone, I bought one myself. I picked it out, grabbed some groceries at a nearby store, and came back home.

Ah but if only it was that easy.

You see, the day started with me at WGCH as I board opped "Your Greenwich Home." That show -- Jonathan and Gideon are the hosts -- is very "Doubleheader" esque in that they basically work without a net.

With Bob Small away for a few days, I'm needed to keep an eye on our favorite Greenwich radio hangout.

Being there for their show allowed Gideon, Jonathan, and me an opportunity to talk radio and business before they both moved on with their day.

Then I bought the toilet seat, figuring I could go back home, do the work, make some lunch, and prepare for "Doubleheader."

So, I came into the apartment, worked on removing the damaged seat, and immediately discovered the one I bought was the wrong size.

Well. Blast.

So I took the toilet seat back, got a refund, and bought the correct one. Shockingly, I had enough time to put gas in the car and buzz back to the apartment. Even then, I still had enough time to install the new toilet seat, pet the cat, and go back to WGCH for the show.

I impressed myself.

The second meeting was after that. Then I had a four-minute commute home.

So now, back to our World Series history lesson. Let's resume with Brian Doyle in 1978 with the Yankees. Subbing for an injured Willie Randolph, he hit .438 in the Bombers' six-game victory over the Dodgers...



No comments: