Monday, November 05, 2018

Just Vote


The truth is: you don't need what I'm going to say. Taylor Swift told you. Your neighbors have done it.

Social media has spread it.

It's been on TV and radio.

It's been on your phone and in your mail.

It's one word: VOTE.

It's a message I fully support.

But after years of this (especially since Nov. 2016), it's time to speak up on this eve of Election Day.

I'm sick of hearing "vote red" or "vote blue."

I'm sick of liberals and conservatives.

I'm sick of people who vote SOLELY on party lines.

Sick.

Of.

It.

Want to be bold? Want to make your vote matter?

Vote with your head.

I've read enough of it. There are those who make every. Single. Word about...well...you know who.

It's obsessive.

I've watched friendships get destroyed over this.

This message isn't that profound. Simply put: go vote tomorrow, if you haven't already.

But vote with your brain. Don't vote for a color or a line or a party.

If you choose to not vote out of protest, OK. That's your call. But don't go just because you're lazy, you forgot, or some other reason.

You're better served writing in "Babe Ruth" or "Laurie Strode."

However you do it, vote. Go to your polling place and be done.

I'm going up to the local community house, filling out my ballot, and leaving. It's that easy.

Then play nice (and listen to me on Doubleheader at 3 p.m. and for  Election Night coverage at 8 p.m. on WGCH)

Vote.

No comments: