Sunday, November 18, 2018

Brunswick Ends Their Season

Choate celebrates their win over Brunswick.
I just uploaded the final audio of the Brunswick football season.

Sadly, for Bruins fans, the result wasn't the desired one: Choate 25, Brunswick 8. I'm incredibly grateful to AJ Szymanowski for driving down from Cambridge, MA to join me for the call, and to Shawn Sailer for producing (aka, "keeping us company"). Also thanks to Local Live and Gus, the tremendous cameraman who ably keeps things moving.

But oh what a ride it was. This was a team that was "thought" to win maybe four to six games.

The point is nobody knew.

They found a QB, worked out a running game, and created a wonderful defense.

They played their hearts out.

They had two stellar captains in Cornelius Johnson and Nick Villis. Both will be heard from after they leave Wick.

In fact, all of these players will, and they'll figure things out for 2019.

Yes, the loss stinks. I'm sure there's regret for the loss yesterday (they finished at 8-2).

There should be no regret for the effort and pride they demonstrated.

I'm only sorry I wasn't there for all ten games.

Not many know that I've been around Brunswick athletics for roughly 20 years, and have called so many games.

Yet now -- more than ever -- I've made friends.

I'm excited for hockey and basketball at Wick, as well as the finish of Greenwich football (Thursday, 9:50 am -- WGCH). The playoffs follow.

Oh and Mahopac wants me to join them for some hockey. I'd love to see more games everywhere. Just watching the machine my friend Travis Jackson is building whets my appetite.

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic here.

Thanks again, Brunswick football. Come back soon.

AJ and I call the action (Shawn Sailer photo)


No comments: