Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oscar


I love the Oscars.

I've watched countless Academy Awards ceremonies because I'm a movie buff and a history guy. I love the random nuggets, the montages, the conversation.

I love going on Radio Arts and Leisure, Fridays at one at hanradio.com to talk about movies when I can.

Yes, I can do without the red carpet stuff. I frankly don't care what you're wearing (I have a pair of Calvin Klein "lounge" pants and a Pittsburgh Steelers AFC Champions t-shirt on, if you're wondering). With all due respect, I don't miss Joan Rivers tonight or her daughter (much respect and RIP to Ms. Rivers, of course). I don't remotely care about Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, Michael Strahan, etc.

Again, no disrespect, but this isn't why I watch. I'm not into the pretty people. I like when they have great performances worth discussing.

So I dig the show itself. I'm one of the few who enjoyed David Letterman and Seth McFarlane in the years they hosted. I love the honoring of the past, fused with the present.

Yet.

We're 43 minutes in as I'm writing, and I'm bored out of my skull. I'm not interested in live-tweeting, blogging, or anything else. It's just not doing it for me so far.

Maybe it will get better.

I'm flipping to hockey. The Rangers are winning.

Carry on.

No comments: