Wednesday, February 14, 2024

More of the Same

 

(Photo: Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP/Getty Images)

It's Valentine's Day and we're feeling the love!

It's your average day, of course. Clean the apartment, do laundry, prep for basketball, see a mass shooting online, call games, come home, make dinner, write the blog.

Oh, you mean a mass shooting shouldn't be normal? 

Well, it sort of is at this point and despite all of the heavy-handed posts online, nothing changes.

We'll be right back here tomorrow.

Kansas City celebrated their Super Bowl win today with the usual trappings until shots rang out. As of this writing, one person is dead -- a radio DJ named Lisa Lopez-Galvan from KKFI -- and 20 others are wounded.

Many of the wounded are children.

And yet, no matter how many times I write these words, nothing happens.

All I hear is whose fault it is.

It's this side. It's that side.

I couldn't possibly care less which side it is.

It will take politicians and other in power to start getting this under control.

You can't possibly be naive to think any of us are immune at this point.

This can happen anywhere and that continues to be true every day.

On the anniversary of the shooting in Parkland, FL, we now add the Kansas City Chiefs parade to the list.

And we play the thoughts and prayers nonsense, rub our hands together, even cry, and then do nothing.

This is what we are now.

Huzzah.

I hustled my way through a full basketball game and part of a hockey game that I didn't expect to wind up on.

There are those who would never do such a thing. Cool. I did it. Hold me in judgment and have fun.

Today's supposed to be about love and yet here we are.

May your Valentine's Day be full of whatever it is you want it to be. If you have a loved one to share it with, I'm happy for you.

I'm writing with a sleeping cat a few feet away. So there's that.

We'll move on to tomorrow and await the next bad news.

Sadly.

No comments: