Monday, December 04, 2023

A Busy Week Ahead

 



"There's no rest for the weary."

A quick Google search indicates that the saying is of unknown origin. Supposedly it dates back to the dawn of the 20th century.

Regardless, there is not a lot of rest for me. That, of course, is a good thing.

I was supposed to teach tomorrow night in Stratford and I'm still doing so.

However, CSB had asked me to change my schedule for another class and we changed it to Thursday.

Then I looked at my calendar and saw I was committed to the Connecticut Roughriders hockey team at the same time.

So, for the first time, I'm teaching twice tomorrow.

First, the morning class.

Then I'll have roughly five hours to cool my heels, including doing "Doubleheader" before teaching the night class.

Coffee and patience - lots of both -- will be necessary.

On Wednesday, I'm co-hosting the two-hour edition of "The Clubhouse" in Mount Kisco.

Thursday and Friday are both hockey games in the morning with the Roughriders.

We'll work in some "Doubleheader" episodes during the week as well.

So, in truth, I'm exaggerating in that there will be some rest in there as well.

The thing is this is a good week, although tomorrow sort of worries me with all of the teaching and associated stress that goes with it.

I'm also grateful to put the headset back on for hockey later in the week. Like anything else, you simply move forward by getting back on the horse or bicycle of whatever tired metaphor you'd prefer to use.

In my case, it's putting the headset back on and going into my happy place by broadcasting a game.

I'd like to just move forward.

As I've mentioned before, the Roughriders setup is unique but that's a fun challenge and, once I'm settled in, it's a challenge I can handle.

In cutting myself a break, I allow myself to recognize that not everyone can handle such a thing. That's not to say I'm anything great. There are plenty of others who can adjust to circumstances like this.

But I like that I can do it. I'll be ready come Thursday.

Anyway, I'm just babbling. We move onto tomorrow.


No comments: