Friday, April 12, 2019

The Wallet

(Not the actual wallet)
I was part of a group text from my mother just after I got off the air today. She was going through some belongings when she found my father's wallet. She didn't say anything about any other contents, but she told us about the pictures in it.

One was of his (then) three grandchildren in a group photo. Then there was one of each grandchild individually, with the oldest (Laura) having two pictures in the collection. Lastly, there was this.


That's a future blabbermouth, taken in 1986.

I turned away from my WGCH colleagues. I was stunned. It meant a lot that my senior picture was still in his wallet on the day he died.

I don't know that I have much more to add than that.

*****
Please note that tomorrow's Columbia/Yale baseball doubleheader will NOT be on ESPN/ESPN+/ESPN3/ESPN8 "The Ocho." It is an audio-only broadcast, via Yale Athletics Facebook page. Hope you join me for the call. I'm scheduled to go live at precisely 11:28 a.m.

No comments: