Friday, April 26, 2019

Bridezilla

This picture is a gift that will keep on giving
Let me start by saying bachelor/bachelorette parties have become stupid.

Sorry. But I've said it.

Yes, I was married once. My "bachelor party" was at my brother's house. He brought in food, as I recall. People made fun of me, we laughed, and it was over.

By certain (OK, most) conventions, that would be lame. Sure, I'd take a day of golf, or a ballgame, or (frankly) nothing.

I realize I sound like I'm "a drag at parties."

I probably am.

Anyway, I'm seriously burying the lede.

You've probably seen the outrage by bachelorettes in Nashville over the NFL Draft being held in Music City this weekend.

Because, you know, events happen in big cities. I mean, call me crazy.

I also have a tendency to check events when I travel.

But Nashville has become "Bachelorette City" also.

Which probably means I'll never go to Nashville, so OK.

“We come here to listen to country music, not hang out with football boys,” bride Cara said, according to the story.

They better not go to Vegas, like, ever.

Especially not next year, when the draft will be held there.

No comments: