Sunday, April 07, 2019

Podcast Episode 4

Red Barber
I'm sorry to say that I've missed the previous two weeks of the podcast.

A friend reminded me tonight to not wear myself out doing these. I'll say it again: this is a work in progress. I'm still feeling the whole thing out.

For tonight, I decided to revisit recreations. Sadly, I've only found one broadcast on the interwebs. It's a 1939 broadcast called by Red Barber of the Yankees and Reds in Florida.

The spring training game doesn't have the bells and whistles of many recreations of the day. No sound effects -- save for the teletype in the background. Yet Barber is a master.

I include a lot of the game in this one, so sit back and enjoy it.

Tell your friends about the show, and pass along suggestions for future topics (and any audio you discover)!

No comments: