Wednesday, April 03, 2019

It's Not All Bad

Back at Mahopac tomorrow
The one promise I've made to you since day one has been to be honest and (mostly) open with you. I've lived my life that way.

Yes, common sense dictates that I don't say everything, and I certainly went through a stretch when I didn't write at all.

But I've otherwise bled here. I've spoken about some deep lows emotionally. I've spoken of depression and mental health and, well, a lot of things.

The news continues to not always be good.

But I'm a survivor, and the world hasn't won yet.

I'll be back on the microphone tomorrow for baseball, and that could carry into Friday and Saturday if things work out.

Baseball, of course, makes me very happy. So do a lot of sports. Simply being on a microphone and working pleases me.

I guess what I'm starting to try to clumsily say is that, despite hardships, I'm blessed.

I'm sure in the midst of reading my thoughts on a daily basis, some of you might be tempted to say "get over it."

But I know all of the good; the most obvious being Sean. I have family, friends, a roof over my head, meals, and basic needs. I have people in my life that will do a lot for me.

I'm struggling for survival, and that's absolutely true. But I'm still here.

I suppose I just wanted to take a moment and say, "I get it."

That's the thing with being an open book. I give the good and the bad.

Tonight, I wanted to remind you that I realize there's a lot of good.

No comments: