Tuesday, March 02, 2021

I'm working, recording podcasts, and not sleeping

 

OK, I'll take some

It's 11:16 p.m. and I'm working.

It wasn't supposed to be that way.

I had a 7:30 a.m. start time on my calendar.

AM = Ante meridiem: Before noon. According to Merriam-Webster, its first documented use was in 1563.

(Incidentally, Merriam-Webster also says RBIs is correct and perfectly fine to use, and the AP Stylebook agrees, which goes against #GSense logic, but I digress)

My alarm was set for 6 a.m. but of course, I was wide awake well before that.

I was soon up, feeding Rascal, and then myself.

My phone beeped as I prepared for the day.

It was Dan, texting to tell me that there had been a small "oopsie" and that a.m. should be p.m.

PM = Post meridiem: After noon. Our friends at Merriam-Webster say it was first used in 1647, long before RBIs first appeared.

So I dressed and crawled into the trusty recliner. I watched some TV. I slept -- briefly. I did stuff around the house.

I petted Rascal, and Rascal played with me (that is, he likes to bite me). I talked to Sean. I did "Doubleheader."

And, to further complicate things, I balanced starting the job with a recording session for "The Owners' Box Horse Racing Podcast."

Incidentally, if you haven't listened to it, I invite you to do so. I realize you think it might be a niche but I can tell you this is all about stories. These stories are real and not always about horse racing, but due tie back into horses.

And who doesn't like horses?

Furthermore, I'm also the host of "Talent Talks," a podcast dealing with the trends of recruitment. My good friend Andrew Mitchell was the previous host before he joined the Greenwich Police Department. I took over hosting duties in late 2019 and, while COVID slowed us up for a stretch, I'm now busier than ever, including recording three new episodes on Monday.

The guests for all of these shows are great interviews. I can't do any of this without John Nash on the "Owners' Box" and my Hunt Scanlon family for "Talent Talks," with a special mention to Erik Boender, whom I work on every episode with, and Dale Zupsansky, who does a great writeup about each topic. Paul Silverfarb makes it fly high on social media.

I just talk.

And, occasionally, write.

Which I'm doing now while working.

Which I'm told will be a long night.

I need coffee.

No comments: