Friday, March 26, 2021

I bought a bath mat


I wound up with a day with nothing to do.

Dan tried to get me a job but nothing came to be.

The FCIAC boys basketball championship was tonight. The girls is tomorrow. So is the boys hockey championship. It would have been nice to add to the previous 51 conference championships I've called.

None of it was meant to be.

So I considered having a "me day." A day trip would have been nice. Heck, even grabbing a room for a night and coming back tomorrow.

But no. That didn't happen. I had to be around for "Doubleheader" if only because of my stupid pride.

Instead, I decided to go look at TVs at Best Buy. Plus there's a Moe's and that will do quite nicely for lunch.

I first went to the Wal Mart in that shopping center. I needed to pick up a bath mat when something struck me.

I've never bought a bath mat before.

Now, you say, how is that possible? Well, someone else always bought it. Oh, I'm sure I might have stood there while it was picked out and I might have even paid for it. But actually, do the whole thing myself?

No, I'm fairly certain I've never done it.

I wish I could give you a more dramatic story than the one I'm about to tell. I considered a few options. There were some different choices. Some were more cushioned than others. Still, others had different designs.

Nowhere did I find whimsical adhesive ducks because that's what would have made Sheldon Cooper happy.

So I found one. It was rubber and gray and not very exciting.

Armed with that, a box of saltine crackers, and a box of Rice Krispies I made my way to the registers and paid.

So ends the excitement of the bath mat purchase, which might be symbolic of something.

As for the rest of the trip?

No TV. Best Buy wound up ticking me off. So I decided to go think things over at Moe's.

Which had gone out of business.

I worked my way home to do the show.

I put the new bath mat in the tub. As I removed the old one -- purchased by Mom -- I couldn't help but laugh.

It was the same exact bath mat.

It was rubber and gray and not very exciting.

A perfect summary for a forgettable day.

No comments: