Thursday, January 05, 2023

Low Energy Post

 

My roommate

I sit here tonight looking for words.

It's not really writer's block but more a matter of topics block.

It doesn't help that last night's post had one of those "all-time low" total numbers of eyeballs on it and, when you consider everything, that can be a little jarring. 

I mean, that's understandable. While I love parody it probably wasn't my best work and, let's face it, political writing isn't really fun to read. At least not here. Though, as we've alluded to with the "trolls/enabling" post earlier this week, some can't get enough of it, to the point of overkill.

I mean, few things make me a contrarian more than that.

In truth, it's been a week of being almost housebound. There have been no games (not a fan) so I've just been home. I haven't driven much, basically, since Sean and I ran to New Jersey for Wawa last Saturday afternoon.

Yes, you read all of that correctly.

I'm not the greatest homebody in the world if we're being truthful. I mean, I suppose it depends on why I'm home and who I'm home with. Since Monday afternoon, I've been home with The Cat and I'm thinking we're probably sick of each other though he's fairly mum on the matter.

So, Since Saturday, I've gone outside to move my car after Sean left, gone to the local Stop and Shop, gone to Garden Catering to get when they call a Nugget Wrap (chicken nuggets, potato cones, fries, cheese, Hotsy’s chili) and a cup of coffee at Dunkin (still Donuts to me, marketing be damned).

Let's see, I went to Wegmans today and met Sean for a quick grocery shopping.

So, I haven't been a hermit. I just haven't strayed far or for too long.

Tomorrow should be a little better but I will say if anyone needs a broadcaster, you can help a "voice" out.

You see, venturing out here is much different than in Mahopac. Anything that I want to do out of town means looking at I-95 to see how bad the traffic is. One doesn't just "run to Norwalk" or anywhere else heading to the east. The same can be said for going toward New York but it's not entirely the same. 

And, as much as I love my neighborhood, we lack the ability to walk to grab a gallon of milk or other "convenience store items." I mean, I live in a neighborhood with a few businesses and can get myself a great steak sandwich and a bottle of wine but I can't pick up much else. Walking to town -- as great s downtown Greenwich is -- won't get me that either.

So that's what I have. Just offering a few facts.

Beyond that, other than offering the words that I have all week on "Doubleheader," I don't have much more to add. Oh, I've been on top of sports news and keeping an eye on the world at large but tonight's one of those nights when I don't feel the need to babble on about it.

It just feels like a night to keep it simple and try again tomorrow.

No comments: